Mercenaries of Mount Doom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mercenaries of Mount Doom

Mercenaries of Mount Doom. Lotro kinship-Snowbourn server

HomeHome  Mercenaries ofMercenaries of  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Poll
When would you prefer to raid?
18:00 gmt
Raid start times I_vote_lcap31%Raid start times I_vote_rcap
 31% [ 10 ]
19:00 gmt
Raid start times I_vote_lcap50%Raid start times I_vote_rcap
 50% [ 16 ]
20:00 gmt
Raid start times I_vote_lcap19%Raid start times I_vote_rcap
 19% [ 6 ]
None of these hours are comfortable for me
Raid start times I_vote_lcap0%Raid start times I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 32
Latest topics
» Vietnam War
Raid start times I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 7:36 am by chandra132

» California (ca 1850)[4] pre-dates any work done by Thomas Edison
Raid start times I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 11:32 pm by lunamoonfang

»  "Menlo Park" after the sign
Raid start times I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 11:31 pm by lunamoonfang

» n the nineteenth century two Irish immigrants
Raid start times I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 11:31 pm by lunamoonfang

» All plenary debates from Davos
Raid start times I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 9:43 am by lunamoonfang

» In 2006 and 2007 selected participants
Raid start times I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 9:43 am by lunamoonfang

»  print, radio and TV take part, and are furnished
Raid start times I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 9:42 am by lunamoonfang

» Free snorkel tours
Raid start times I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 5:47 am by teentit4n

»  4th night free
Raid start times I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 5:47 am by teentit4n

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Ventrilo details.
IP: 91.192.210.41--port: 3965
Gallery
Raid start times Empty
Powered by...
free forum

Raid start times

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Hydo

Raid start times Empty
PostSubject: Raid start times   Raid start times I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 12:32 am

Lo Ppl,

This is mainly for the Officers...

I really don't understand why a start time is as an interval e.g 17:00-18:00. Kaska has previously said that at raid time you should be ready, which means not in an encounter, outside of the raid instance and ready to start fully equipped for the raid.

I would like to now ask do you really expect us to stand outside of an instance for 1hour doing absolutely nothing just to be ready? To me this seems unreasonable.

I was ready at 17:00 yesterday... waited abit and still no raid comments in kinship chat so i went to play Poker online and kept checking kin chat to see if we were getting invites soon, again this did not happen. I then closed my Poker game at 17:58 to find that most of the kin had been invited to the raid then asked in kin chat "Raid Full?" no reply from anyone...

I really hope Raid start times from now are not time intervals of 1hour as i won't sit at my PC infront of BG idle waiting for the invites

- I know i'm new to this kin so moaning seems a little crap of me but hopefully you can understand why im annoyed at this.
Back to top Go down
nimirieth

Raid start times Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raid start times   Raid start times I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 10:26 am

I agree with Hydo, people can t stay there 1 hour looking at the screen, 2) i think is better to find some way for a reservation, because someone can organize to be there at the right time, and after, don t find a spot in the raid... i dont like try to be at home for the raid, and don t know if MAYBE i will raid or not... ok my english is fucking bad, i know Smile

nimi
Back to top Go down
Avalina
Avalina

Raid start times Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raid start times   Raid start times I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 4:12 am

Well i agree this is annoying to wait 1h and as a result dont even get your spot in raid. I think this happened not because of officers sluggishness, the problem was in absence of ppl, mainly tanks. We cant start raid without em. So dont blame officers, we need to sort problem with tanks first.
Back to top Go down
kaska

Raid start times Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raid start times   Raid start times I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 5:33 pm

Well, you are asking for a raid planner, but then when I create a post asking when do you think it's better for you to raid, I get like 6 or 7 answers from the whole guild. I try to build a main list and most of the players don't bother answering. I try to create a radiance tracking thread and most of the guild does not bother checking it.
I can post signup lists with times and stuff if you want. Your call.
Back to top Go down
JonXu
Administartor
Administartor
JonXu

Raid start times Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raid start times   Raid start times I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 7:49 pm

hmm i agree with that

advatanges
1. we have clear starting time eg 1800 gmt
2. we know when we raid eg special days of week
3. people will learn thoses 2 things eventually
means we have raid calender when everyone can check when is gonna happend and what is missing

disadvantages
1. only few people will check this forum. only way to prevent this is to post raid times on forum and tell people to check forum daily
2. people will still ignore or forget to check raid times and what raid will need ,eg classes and stuff
3. noobs will start to sign up for raids .

plus
i think we need som sort of dkp, personally i hate that idea but still its needed coz in my time here i have seen many people joining kin next day looting in raid win som loot and then dissappear forever.
and our kin loot rule does not work as we thought it will be. based on honour and honesty. our kin has geared up a mercenaries who are nothing less then pirates or parasites as i would call them. selling for the highest bidder sounds like a good plan but it does not work always.
Back to top Go down
kaska

Raid start times Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raid start times   Raid start times I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 2:02 am

I ve been proposing another distribution for ages and many think that /roll is ok. I keep thinking /roll is not fair the reasons very obvious to identify, won't start a discussion here.
Suicide lists are very easy to manage, we don't necessarily need to use dkps.
Back to top Go down
Hydo

Raid start times Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raid start times   Raid start times I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 10:30 am

A DKP System is the best loot system imo, it rewards regular raiders (the people who put most effort in get most loot... pretty fair right?)
However, it does take 10-20mins after each raid to sort it out and it must keep up to date, along with many rules and dkp decay to keep it all within reason so people cant store enough dkp to get 6pieces in 1 raid... I ran the DKP System of Apex on AoC so i know how annoying it is to manage and to remember all sorts of conditions.

If you are thinking of using a DKP system i know the "EQ DKP" format and would be willing to teach someone how to use it if this was to be the new method of looting.

I personally hate the /roll system because a 1/12 chance is pretty poor, and theoretically a player could win all 6 pieces in 6 weeks with this loot system while another player could win nothing.
Back to top Go down
kaska

Raid start times Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raid start times   Raid start times I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 10:29 pm

Thanks for your proposals. We ll keep it all in mind. I guess we officers need to find the time to sit down and talk about this and other things.
Back to top Go down
Avalina
Avalina

Raid start times Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raid start times   Raid start times I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 4:38 am

and again the same problem - pugs...How DKP system will work with nonkinnies in raid?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Raid start times Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raid start times   Raid start times I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Raid start times
Page 1 of 1