Mercenaries of Mount Doom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mercenaries of Mount Doom

Mercenaries of Mount Doom. Lotro kinship-Snowbourn server

HomeHome  Mercenaries ofMercenaries of  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Poll
When would you prefer to raid?
18:00 gmt
Naval Station Mayport I_vote_lcap31%Naval Station Mayport I_vote_rcap
 31% [ 10 ]
19:00 gmt
Naval Station Mayport I_vote_lcap50%Naval Station Mayport I_vote_rcap
 50% [ 16 ]
20:00 gmt
Naval Station Mayport I_vote_lcap19%Naval Station Mayport I_vote_rcap
 19% [ 6 ]
None of these hours are comfortable for me
Naval Station Mayport I_vote_lcap0%Naval Station Mayport I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 32
Latest topics
» Vietnam War
Naval Station Mayport I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 7:36 am by chandra132

» California (ca 1850)[4] pre-dates any work done by Thomas Edison
Naval Station Mayport I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 11:32 pm by lunamoonfang

»  "Menlo Park" after the sign
Naval Station Mayport I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 11:31 pm by lunamoonfang

» n the nineteenth century two Irish immigrants
Naval Station Mayport I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 11:31 pm by lunamoonfang

» All plenary debates from Davos
Naval Station Mayport I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 9:43 am by lunamoonfang

» In 2006 and 2007 selected participants
Naval Station Mayport I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 9:43 am by lunamoonfang

»  print, radio and TV take part, and are furnished
Naval Station Mayport I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 9:42 am by lunamoonfang

» Free snorkel tours
Naval Station Mayport I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 5:47 am by teentit4n

»  4th night free
Naval Station Mayport I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 5:47 am by teentit4n

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Ventrilo details.
IP: 91.192.210.41--port: 3965
Gallery
Naval Station Mayport Empty
Powered by...
free forum

Naval Station Mayport

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
kosovohp

PostSubject: Naval Station Mayport   Naval Station Mayport I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 3:15 pm

he base has historically served as the homeport to certain conventionally-powered aircraft carriers of the Atlantic Fleet, including the USS Shangri-La (CV-38), USS Franklin D. Roosevelt (CV-42), USS Forrestal (CV-59), USS Saratoga (CV-60), and most recently the USS John F. Kennedy (CV-67). With the decommissioning of all conventionally-powered aircraft carriers by the Navy, no carriers are presently assigned to Mayport. However, both houses of Congress have passed legislation authorizing about US $75 million for dredging and upgrades at Mayport to accommodate a nuclear-powered aircraft carrier.[3][4]
On January 29, 2010 the Quadrennial Defense Review Report stated that a nuclear aircraft carrier would be homeported at NAS Mayport. The action will help protect the fleet against a potential terror attack, accident or natural disaster, because all east coast aircraft carriers are currently based at Naval Station Norfolk, according to the report. West coast aircraft carriers are split between Naval Station San Diego and Naval Base Kitsap in Washington state. Robert Gates, Secretary of Defense stated, "Having a single (nuclear carrier) homeport has not been considered acceptable on the west coast and should not be considered acceptable on the east coast."[5] The decision was opposed by elected officials in Virgina,[6] who would lose 3,500 sailors and their dependents, $425 million in revenue each year, and most importantly, 6,000 support jobs.[7] The Hampton Roads Chamber of Commerce estimated the loss at 11,000 jobs and $650 million per year.[8] Infrastructure changes and facility construction at Mayport are estimated to take five years and cost over half a billion dollars. The 2011 budget commits $590 million during the fiscal years from 2011-2019, so a carrier may not move to Mayport until 2019.[7

Community Association Management
Flue Liners
Back to top Go down
lunamoonfang

PostSubject: Re: Naval Station Mayport   Naval Station Mayport I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 11:27 pm

he base has historically served as the homeport to certain conventionally-powered aircraft carriers of the Atlantic Fleet, including the USS Shangri-La (CV-38), USS Franklin D. Roosevelt (CV-42), USS Forrestal (CV-59), USS Saratoga (CV-60), and most recently the USS John F. Kennedy (CV-67). With the decommissioning of all conventionally-powered aircraft carriers by the Navy, no carriers are presently assigned to Mayport. However, both houses of Congress have passed legislation authorizing about US $75 million for dredging and upgrades at Mayport to accommodate a nuclear-powered aircraft carrier.[3][4]

pen spy camera
y8
Back to top Go down

Naval Station Mayport
Page 1 of 1